Monday 2 July 2012

Film Trailer Analysis #3- Dear John


Dear John

















This analysis isn't as detailed as the other as this blog just points out the main points I should be using in my trailer.
As the previous trailers, I have had the same experience with the Dear John trailer. I watched the trailer and it made me watch the film.
I noted down what happens at every step of the way in the trailer. This is what happens...

·         Icon is shown
·         Establishing two main characters
·         Meeting of main love interests
·         Funny moment between them to show to the audience this is a ‘cute, fun’ film.
·         Have words across for author or director. I.e important information the audience need to know
·         Establish love between characters.
·         Insight of problem
·         Love scenes again
·         Introduce the main problem in the film
·         Scenes of love against sad then again and again. (IMPORTANT)
·         Show words on screen of actors

·         Name of the film appears with the actors last line, which lets the audience think. Like an enigma question.
I figured out from the Dear John trailer is that most definitely I need to show how the two love interest meet and show glimpses of their love. Also i need to show some funny moments as this proves to the audience that they will go ‘aww’ in the movie at the two love interest love moments.
Moreover I need to show insights of the problem that will be arising in the film as Dear John’s trailer has and so does the other trailers and I want to follow a successful convention of romance drama trailers. It makes the audience who are passive ‘active’ when they are thinking and sort of alert if the disruption occurs.
Furthermore I need to add the scene where the love interest are happy and upset back to back. As a code and convention I should be having scenes back to back.

No comments:

Post a Comment