Monday 25 June 2012

Interviews- Primary Research


This is my 3rd Primary Research interviews.
I have conducted four interviews, one of a couple then two interviews with my target audience of females, then one with a male.
This is their take on film trailers I videoed them all and here are the links to them all on my You Tube channel...
Couple
 For the couple primary research task I also took notes and analysed what should be included in my trailer. I got from the interview that I need a realistic narrative which makes the audience believe what they are watching and make them question reality with the disruption occurring in real life. Also I need to have sad, funny and happy moments which again creates different kinds of moods for the audience to feel. Lastly I should be using bright colours when there's a happy scene, then when there's a sad scene use dark and dull colours to connotate the mood also use a lot of red as it connotates love.

Meera & Karisma 
For Meera & Karisma primary research I have noted down that, the quotes are very important in the trailer as this allows the audience to be active rather than passive whilst watching the trailer for the first time. As Karisma said, I need enigma questions. I will most definitely use enigma questions as this will impact my audience in a good way for them to be active. Also the narrative should be attracting the audience as this will be the main reason the audience would want to see my film. I need that effect on the audience for my trailer to become a success.
I asked the girls what I need to have as an essential in my trailer, I got this response...
I need to have the two love interest have happy, romance scenes throughout the trailer however also show the disruption from Todrov theory to carry the narrative on. Also enigma questions should be included. The female love interests best friend should be involved within the narrative. Lastly colours like red, pink, white, orange and yellow should be used as these are the soft colours of what the romance drama genre should reflect.
From what the girls have said about what I should include in my trailer I will include all of these points as these are the codes and conventions of a romance drama trailer.

Overall I will use these points made from the girls to the couples as they will be my main target audience as I produce this romance trailer.

Krishna 

This is another interview I conducted with a male this time to see whether the answers were different. My hypothesis was that the male interview wouldn't be sure about the romance drama trailers. I stand corrected. Krishna wasn't interested in the romance drama trailers, which made it clear to me that my target audience will be females and couples. However in spite of that, I go some information about the colour scheme I should be using in the trailer. As normal pastel colours like pinks, reds and whites should be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment