Tuesday 19 June 2012

Questionnaire- Primary research

This is an example of one of my primary research task  from target audiences.
 This was done by a female who was 16 which is verified via the questionnaire. This allows me to take into account the target audiences preferences and ideas. I conducted 10 questionnaires, this is an example by a female. 
Half the questionnaires were conducted by females, they all suggest that  the main image stands out on a front cover.This attracts them to magazine cover. This means for my magazine cover the image is vital and should  attracted my audience when seeing the cover. Also I found out that colours used are very important with text and text boxes on the cover as it should relate to the love interest on the cover. Colours like pinks, whites and red should be used as it connotates love.  I will take all this information into consideration whilst conducting my magazine and I feel I will use soft colours and make sure the image is eye catching





This is my analysis of my questionnaire answer.

Overall the questionnaire was a success as this showed me what i need my magazine cover to be like. From the 10 questionnaires, I found out that the image is the main factor which attracts readers to the magazine, which means that my image should reflect what my film/ trailer is about. As it is about romance and drama, I
should include the actors as in a happy mood which would reflect my movie properly.  With colours, mostly the questionnaires said to use reds, whites, pinks, yellows and any other bright colours as this should again reflect the mood of the film. I will be using the colours as this represent my films properly. As I asked the question on what image I should use, I mostly got the two love interests and they should be close together as this expresses the love in the trailer. Lastly I asked what the background should be on the main image. Many people have stated a plain white background, also a pink or blue background. However I got two different suggestions with a beach and a countryside setting as the one shown above in the example. I think that will be an answer which will be kept till last as I want the image to be perfect and give the right image and be following the right codes and convention for a magazine cover. I personally think a plain background will be
good however I will be debating on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment