Friday 7 September 2012

My Magazine Plans

Here is my first own draft of what I expect my magazine to look like, I have taken into consideration what my audiences expect me to use in this. 



















The image hasn't been decided as I want it to fit and look acceptable for a magazine cover. However I have written some ideas for what I could have my main image as, the actors face close, a piggyback ride or the man in front and the women face behind. I am waiting for the photo shoot to decide what final image I shall use on my magazine poster. 
I want the the background to be white however like heavenly with bright lights so I will be finding a way to conduct the background with the colour scheme.
To explain my magazine,
I have chosen the colour scheme, red, black, white and yellow. I felt the red can connotate love in my cover as it is a romance trailer I am portraying. The use of black font is to make the font stand out. Originally I was going to use white font , however as I want a white background, I cannot use white font. With the use of yellow used on the cover, I have analysed from previous magazine covers that yellow stands out on covers which was the reason of use on my cover.
Lastly the use of the film reel at the bottom of the cover, I got as an inspiration from another magazine I Googled. I thought it was pretty interesting using a film reel to show what other stories will be involved in the magazine.
However to look at the overall plan, there's a lot of black used, which doesn't show my genre justice, which means making another magazine plan.


Here is my second draft, having more than one design could prove good as I have two designs to choose from in my finale cover.


This magazine has an image which I would like to use. As this is promoting my film as well as the actors in my film, I felt that a close hug would show the proxemics of the characters in the film and on the cover.
The title is red and the sub heading is red too. I felt that normally Empire covers have some sort of red on and as I am doing a romance drama trailer it fits perfectly with the genre as red connotates love and passion.
With analysing previous magazine covers, I have noticed that the costumes that the actors wear on the cover coordinate with the colour scheme used on the cover. As 'Empire' is in red, I will be having some sort of red on my actors and hopefully use some dark blue too.
My background in the photo will either be a white plain background which metaphorically will be heaven or a background which is blurred out. However font will be a major option. As I want to font to be clear and readable, I feel that colour is also important. As black would be readable however it gives off negative connotation such as evil, dark, mysterious. A dark blue font could suffice as blue connotates calmness and neutral.


No comments:

Post a Comment