Friday 28 September 2012

Production/Post Production Issues

Production/Post Production Issues 
I got halfway into filming and had some free time as my actors weren't free, so I started editing when I started editing the footage I got so far. It felt like the narrative wasn't getting through the trailer and maybe I have filmed a too much. That's why I had gone back to basics and written down on paper Todrovs theory which applies to my trailer and matching scene up to the theory. This makes it clear for me to show and structure my trailer.

Then another problem arose where the first scene was too long.  So I had a look at The Vow trailer's first scene and Dear Johns trailer to see their first scene and it wasn't long so I made a decision to scrap my first idea of showing how my two love interest met in the library. I have switched it to where they meet in a Blockbusters. I personally feel that it would be a quick few shots and easier to show my narrative.

Another issue is that my actors aren't free, which delays filming. At this moment I am done
with filming and editing. All I have to do is get my male actor to do voiceovers and then I am done.
.
As I have countlessly explained, my narrative isn't panning out, so as I planned on having a scene in Blockbusters, I decided not to anymore. If I shot that scene,  it would be like if I was making a film, not a trailer. I think when planning the shots, I may have over planned and thought of doing extra scenes as if I was doing a film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment